Importing from another Mac or FTP Server
One of the easiest ways to transfer files from another location to Code Editor is to enable the SFTP server on your Mac, then add your Mac as a remote server in Code Editor. It will allow you secure access to all of your files, so you can grab any local website files you may have stored on your Mac.
Note! This doesn’t have to specifically be a Mac– any device where you can enable an FTP or SFTP server will work in very much the same way.
- Start by enabling your Mac’s SSH/SFTP server by turning on Remote Login in the Sharing pane of System Preferences. Take note of your computer’s name – you’ll need that in a second.
- In Code Editor, add a new SFTP server. Use YourComputerName.local as the server address and your user credentials as your login.
- Tap the save button, then tap on your newly saved server.
- Tap Remote. You should now be looking at your Mac’s home directory.
- Navigate to the directory where you’ve saved your files.
From here, drag any files you’d like to copy to Code Editor’s local storage by dragging them to the bottom of the pane.
What about from iCloud or Apple’s Files.app?
Currently, it’s only possible to import and export single files to/from iCloud. This is a popular request and we hope to expand this functionality in the future.